JM Studio Services - Web Design
Web site development is a core component of JM Studio. We've been designing successful web sites for nearly a decade. We enjoy helping our client's companies grow, and design web sites that can grow with a business. We believe that;
- Every website should have a purpose. Why do you have a web site presence? What is the goal?
- Every website should provide a path of least resistance to the information or goal for users.
- Goals should be based on clearly defined business objectives. Do you want more sales? More traffic? Exposure? Leads?.
- Content should be clear, concise and beautifully executed.
- Organizations should control their own content.
- Conversion is never an accident.
We specialize in three primary areas, and blend that expertise together to develop an online solution that fits your business.
"There are so many wrong paths a small business owner can take when building a web presence...the horror stories I have heard. JM Studio took Glamour Hair from a concept in my head to one of the largest hair extension sites online. I still work them exclusively, 12 years later"
- Tracy Pieters, Glamour Hair
Flexible Modular Content Management and Delivery
With usability, there are several common factors that any web site geared toward the public should follow.
1. Present high quality, relevant content.
2. Make it easy to use.
3. Promote effectively, both on the site and in other media.
4. Make the experience unique to the medium.
5. Evoke emotion.
Every web site should have the common goal of presenting relevant information to the user, and/or leading the user to take some sort of further action, such as purchasing an item, signing up for a service, or providing more information. Think about why a person visits a web site, or even logs onto the internet; it is for their benefit, not yours, and EVERYTHING regarding your web site should follow that golden rule.
For JM Studio, our knowledge of usability was born from several sources; an extremely intense Visual Communication proffessor we'll call Mr. B, years of positive experiences with our clients, and endless hours absorbing usability research via reports, conferences, forums and networking. So we confident in the information we present here, and hope it helps you grasp the concept of designing a usable site.
Custom programming in ASP or PHP Language
Database-driven solutions have given new approaches to effective business information management due to the flexibility of data retrieval, storage and manipulation processes that they provide. Employing the data structuring and processing advantages that databases grant, JM Studio designs custom applications that fit our clients needs, and that can expand at low costs in the future according to how our clients' business expands.
Database Expertise: MySQL, MSSQL, PostgreSQL and MS Access
Our team and network of programmers can build and implement custom programming solutions for just about any online environment. It can be E-commerce, collecting information from your customers, content management systems or a solution that fits your needs exactly. Our programmers each have over a decade of experience under their wings, making them fast and efficient. Click here to learn more about our Programming Services and Products.
Search Engine Optimization/Consultation
JM Studio offers a common sense approach to search engine optimization. Most of our clients are small and medium sized businesses, who can't afford so pay a search engine optimization firm thousands of dollars per month to achieve and maintain high ranking. To rank well for highly competitive keywords, it requires an unimaginable amount of time, and thus is partially why it's so expensive. Often, small and medium sized companies will have the staff on-hand to perform many of the tasks required to achieve and maintain decent ranking in search engines, and so we provide SEO consulting services to companies wishing to:
- Do their own search engine optimization utilizing in-house staff but wanting a source of knowledge that can provide coaching along the way, as well as performing initial on-page optimization if required..
- Understand what their competition is doing and how the holes in their optimization may be used to beat them. This will give you an idea of what is required of you in order to beat their ranking.
- Understand how their site design is working for or against them on the search engines and learn how to optimize their site structure and create search engine friendly sites in the future.
- Gain an in-dept knowledge of what keyword targets stand to be the most profitable.
- Understand how to develop an excellent link building regimen to maximize the hours spent building optimal links.